Samuel THORMANN of Unsleben, Bavaria, son of Simson,
married Bunla and had at least five children: Meyer (1808), Simila
(1809), Simson (1811), Abraham (1812), and Ramle (1813). In America,
the surname became Thorman.
- Meyer THORMAN married Fannie HOFFMAN, daughter
of Simson HOPFERMAN and
Sara, in 1840 and had at least two children: Samuel M. (1840), Elizabeth (1843), and Simon
M. (1847). He died in 1870.
THORMAN married Henrietta ETTINGER in 1869 in Cleveland and had three
children: Josie (1870), Blanche (1877), and Selma (1884). He died in
Cleveland in 1926.
- Josie THORMAN died as a child in 1872.
- Blanche THORMAN married Julius W. WEINBERG.
THORMAN, a teacher, married Lambert G. OPPENHEIM in Cleveland in 1908
and had two children: Edith Janet (1910) and Paul L. (1913). She died
- Elizabeth THORMAN married David LEVI from France and had children: Dorathin (1867).
- Dorathin LEVI married Abraham "Albert" L. BENEDICT, son of Leopold and Sarah nee BECKER, in 1893. They had children: Ruth (1895) and Dudley L. (1899). Dora died in Cleveland in 1944 followed by Abraham in 1950.
- Simon THORMAN married
daughter of Ferdinand and Sarah nee ROSKOPH,
in California in 1883 and had
three children: Sylvia S. (1884), Anthony, and Irma (1889). He
Cleveland in 1924.
THORMAN married Julius DREIFUSS in Cleveland in 1907. After a divorce,
she married Joseph R. ANTHONY in Cleveland in 1919.
- Irma THORMAN married Joseph Edward ROSENFELD in Omaha,
Nebraska, in 1911.
- Simila "Simon" THORMAN married Rosa ENGLES.
THORMANN immigrated to America and came to Cleveland,
Ohio, in 1837. He
married Regina KLEIN, daughter of Julius and Retta nee ROSENBAUM, in
Cleveland in 1839 and had eleven children: Samuel M. (1840), Elizabeth
(1841), Esther (1841), Laura (1845), Fanny (1846), Abraham (1848),
Simon S. (1850), Rebecca (1854), Judah (1857), Frank S. (1859), and a
son that died in infancy.
- Samuel THORMAN, the first Jewish
child born in Cleveland, married Clara AARON in 1861 and had three
children: Yalah (1869), Bertine (1872), and Jessie (1874).
- Jalah THORMAN married August GOODMAN and had at least
two children, Miriam and Hubert.
"Birdie" THORMAN first married Meyer DANIELS in 1896 in Cleveland. She
then married William P. JOHNSON in Terre Haute, Indiana, in 1906.
- Jessie THORMAN married Lydia COOK in 1875 in New Jersey
and had two children, Dudley (1900) and Helen (1904).
- Elizabeth THORMAN married
Kaufman HAYS, son of Abraham and Bertha nee HEXTER from Stormdorf,
Hesse-Darmstadt, and had four daughters: Frances, Belle, Rolinda, and
- Esther THORMAN married Jacob WIENER.
- Laura THORMAN married Philip SCHLOSS.
- Fanny THORMAN married Philip ERLANGER of Terre Haute,
- Abraham THORMAN died in Cleveland in 1900.
- Simon THORMAN married Hannah MARX.
- Rebecca THORMAN married Michael WIENER.
- Judah THORMAN married Julia GOLDBURG and lived in Terre
- Frank THORMAN married Selma EMRICH, daughter of
Moses and Rachel nee TROUNSTINE. He died in Cleveland in 1920.