Simson HOPFENMANN (1777), son of Mayer, married Sara from Oberlauring,
daughter of Baruch, and had at least
children in Unsleben, Bavaria: Seckel (1815), Voegele (1814), and Zerle
(1821). In 1839, the whole family immigrated to America, moved to
and went by the new surname HOFFMAN.
- Seckel HOPFENMANN "Isaac HOFFMAN"married Hannah ROSENBAUM,
Moses and Charlotte, in Cleveland in 1842 and had nine children: Meyer
(1843), Jetta (1847), Fanny (1850), Simon (1853), Samuel (1853),
Caroline (1855), Rebecca (1858), Barney (1859), and Sarah (1862). He
was the city's first spiritual leader.
HOFFMAN married Rose STRAUSS, daughter of Kuesel, and had seven
children: Simon (1866), Frank (1868), Stella (1871), Albert W. (1875),
Leo (1879), Reada (1879), and Arthur C. (1883). He died in Cleveland in
- Simon HOFFMAN died in Cleveland in 1895.
- Frank HOFFMAN, a hide broker, married Hattie HEXTER in
Cleveland in about 1898 and died there in 1927.
- Stella HOFFMAN married Michael PRINTZ in Cleveland
about 1896 and died there in 1909.
- Leo HOFFMAN married Marie D. EVA in Cleveland about
1905 and died there in 1911.
- Reada HOFFMAN died single in Cleveland in 1954.
HOFFMAN, a clothing executive, married Rema BAUMOEL, daughter of Morris
and Sarah nee BLACK, in Cleveland in 1917 and died there in 1950.
HOFFMAN married Albert Wolf HAMMER, son of Moses and Regina, and had
four children: Esther (1873), Stella (1875), Nathan A. (1878), and Ruby
M. (1880). She died in 1935.
- Fanny HOFFMAN married Samuel KAHN and died in St. Louis,
Missouri, in 1928.
HOFFMAN married Rosa WOLF in 1879 and had six children: Beatrice, Burt
G., Dorothy, Harry, Milton E. (1879), and Sylvia (1887). He died in
Cleveland in 1893.
- Burt HOFFMAN married Sylvia GLICK, daughter of Louis
and Rose, and died in 1965.
- Milton HOFFMAN died in Cleveland in 1949.
- Sylvia HOFFMAN married Bernard FEIGENBAUM and had two
children: Ruth and Bernard, Jr.
- Rebecca HOFFMAN married William H. DETTELBACH in 1893 and
died in 1943.
HOFFMAN, a traveling salesman, married Rose and had two children: Hazel
(1893) amd Florence (1896). He died in Cleveland in 1921.
- Hazel HOFFMAN married Wilton SPIEGLE in Cleveland about
- Florence HOFFMAN married Lester BACH.
- Sarah HOFFMAN married Virgil LIEBERMAN in 1885 and had at
least one child, Mabel H. She died in Cleveland in 1935.
- Voegele HOPFENMANN "Fanny HOFFMAN" married Meyer
and died in 1896.
- Zerle HOPFEMANN "Sophie HOFFMAN" married Aaron
LOWENTRITE from Schöningen.