Elia OETTINGEN married Bunlin GÜNZBURG,
daughter of Simon and Hindle, and had a son, Model.
rabbi, married Sorle and had children: Abraham,
Simon, Tevele, Elia,
Lemel, Moshe, and Henla. He died in Oettingen
in about 1620.
OETTINGEN, adviser to Kaiser Ferdinand
II, married Vogele TEOMIM, daughter of Samuel Phöbus and Gitel, and
children: Hirz and Elia. He died in Wien in
- Hirz OETTINGEN, doctor in Przemysl,
Poland, had children: Abraham and Model.
- Abraham OETTINGEN1,
Court Jew and Primator of Bohemia, married
Salomon, lived in
Lichtenstadt, and had children: Eliezer (1660), Fradel
(1662), Edel (1665), Salomon (1668), Bela (1670), Rösl (1673), and
Feile. Dina died in Prague in 1697 followed by Abraham in 1702.
- Eliezer OETTINGEN was Rabbi in Holleschau,
- Fradel OETTINGEN
married Eliezer "Lazarus" BONDI
and had children: David,
Salomon, and unknown daughter. Lazarus died in Lichtenstadt in 1686
followed by Fradel in
OETTINGEN married David WIENER and died in Prague in 1705.
OETTINGEN married Shifra SPIRA-WEDELES, widow of Isaac BONDI, daughter of
Benjamin Wolf and Schewa, and had daughters: Jitl, Freudel, Rachel, and
Schifra. He died in 1697.
- Jitl OETTINGEN married Rabbi Jakob
- Freudel OETTINGEN married Lippmann TORNAU.
- Rachel OETTINGEN married Aron RIEß.
- Schifra OETTINGEN married Rabbi David OPPENHEIM.
- Bela OETTINGEN married Efraim MODEL, son of Marx
Model of Ansbach.
- Rösl OETTINGEN married Jomtov BONDI, Rabbi in
Proßnitz and senior judge and Rabbi of the High Synagogue in Prague,
son of Salomon. She died in 1729.2
OETTINGEN died in Prague in 1742.
- Elia OETTINGEN, Chief Rabbi of Wengrow, Poland, had
children: Fradel, unknown daughter, Miriam, Henla,
- Fradel OETTINGEN married Rabbi Saul WAHL of Brest
and had children: Abraham, Meir, and Samuel.
- Samuel WAHL had a son, Saul.
- (unknown daughter) OETTINGEN married Samuel
ISSERLES of Lublin.
- Miriam OETTINGEN married Hirsh.
- Henla OETTINGEN married Samuel EFTAR? from Risha?.
- Elia OETTINGEN lived in Frankfurt.
- Simon OETTINGEN had a son, Ephraim.
- Moshe OETTINGEN lived in Metz.
- David Tewele OETTINGEN had a son, Model (1623). Tewele
died in 1668.
OETTINGEN married Pessel MIRELS-NEUMARK (a great-great granddaughter of
the Maharal of Prague) and had sons, Elia (c. 1650) and Jacob. Model
died in 1675.
- Elia WIENER-RIESS had sons, Moshe Natan and Isaac
(c. 1680). Elia died in 1713.
- Moshe Natan WIENER-RIESS had a son, Elia Nathan.
Moshe died in 1737.
- Elia Nathan WIENER had a son, Nathan (1756).
Elia died in 1770.
- Nathan WIENER had a son, Elias (1785). Nathan
died in 1800.
- Elias WIENER had a son, Moses
- Lemel OETTINGEN had a daughter.
- Daughter OETTINGEN married Itzek, a doctor, and had a
1. Elia may have been the son of Abraham ha-Levi (son of Israel, son of
Abraham) from Oettingen, who died in Wien in
Inschriften des Alten Judenfriedhofes in Wien. Teil.
1540 - 1670. 1912. pp. 3-4 (online
The hypothesis in Wachstein that this Abraham is the father of Elia
appears based primarily on four things: (1) Abraham's
is close to Elia's in the Wien Jewish cemetery, (2) lists him as being
from Oettingen, (3) a Levite, and (4) of the approximate right
generation to be Elia's father. However, notably, there doesn't appear
to be any clear evidence that Elia's father's name was Abraham.
Also known as Abraham Lichtenstadt (based on his residence in the town
of Lichtenstadt) or Abraham Aron (Aron being a surname adopted from his
stepfather in Lichtenstadt, Jacob Aron, son of Lazarus Aron).
Jakobovits, Tobias. "Wer ist Abraham Aron Lichtenstadt?" Monatsschrift für Geschichte
Wissenschaft des Judentums. Vol. 74 (1930), Issue 1, pp.
3. Jakobovits, Tobias. "Die Verbindung der Prager Familien
Oettingen-Spira(Wedeles)-Bondi ". Monatsschrift
für Geschichte und Wissenschaft des Judentums, Vol. 76
(1932), Issue 5, pp. 511-519 (online