Meschulam Eliezer "Susmann" BRILIN (c. 1600), son of Isak, was
rabbi in Worms from 1637 to 1652 and in Fulda from 1650 to 1660
when he died). He had children, including: Isaac (1628) and
BRILIN married Sorle OPPENHEIM,
daughter of Simon Wolf, and had children: Shmuel, Frumet (1659), Hinde,
Wolf, Mose, Hinle, Ella, Hindel, and Esriel. He was rabbi in
Hammelburg from 1659 to 1671, when Jews were expelled from the town,
and then Mannheim from 1671 to 1678. Sorle died in 1673
followed by Isaac in 1678.
- Shmuel BRILIN "Samuel HAMMELBURG" died in Hammelburg in
- Frumet BRILIN married Nathan OPPENHEIM. After
Nathan died, she married Samson WERTHEIMER, a well-known court Jew.
- Hinde BRILIN married Lema HANAU in Frankfurt and died in
- Hinle BRILIN married Rabbi Wolf OPPENHEIM in Worms and
died in 1735.
- Ella BRILIN married Rabbi Isack ARNSTEIN in Wien and died
- Hindel BRILIN married Rabbi Eliezer Lipmann, son of
Jekutiel, and had a daughter, Gitel.
- Gitel married David FULDA. After David died, she
married Zadok SCHRIESHEIM
(1661), son of Baruch, and lived in Mannheim. They had at least two
sons: Baruch and Kusel. Zadok died in Mannheim in 1723 followed by
- Mose BRILIN lived in Bamberg.
- Esriel BRILIN was a community leader in Frankfurt and
later moved to Eisenstadt, where he married the daughter of Rabbi David.
- Dina Sorle "Sarah" BRILIN married Jair
Chaim BACHARACH "Chavas Jair" from Leipnik, Moravia, son of
Rabbi Moses Samson and Dobrusch,