GOTTGETREU (born 1747), a peddler
and son of Nathan, likely married Baile, daughter of
Hirsch, and had children: Samuel (1773), Judla
(1774), and Nathan (1779). He died in Unsleben in 1823.
GOTTGETREU married Minna LEVY (1777), daughter of
Willmars, and lived in Willmars, Bavaria. They had six children: Gidel
(1807), Edel (1809), Hirsch (1812), Wolf (1813), Lea (1817), and Reina
(1820). Minna died in Willmars in 1847.
- Hirsch "Henry" GOTTGETREU immigrated to America and married Malchen MINZ from Hessen, daughter of Samuel and
Leah, in 1867 in Manhattan, New York. They had at least one son,
- Solomon GOTTGETREU, a silk merchant, married Bertha
LEVY, daughter of
Jonas, in Manhattan, New York, in 1895. They had two children: Henry
(1896) and Sylvia (1901). He died in Brooklyn in 1932.
- Sylvia GOTTGETREU, unmarried, died in Brooklyn in
- Wolf GOTTGETREU died in Willmars in 1854.
- Lea "Jetta" GOTTGEREU married Abraham STERN, son of Jacob
and Sara, in Mansbach near Hünfeld in 1843 and had children: stillborn
(1844), Fradgen (1845), stillborn (1847).
- Reina GOTTGETREU died as an infant in Willlmars in 1822.
GOTTGETREU married Hennla
(1782) from Unsleben, daughter of
Joseph, and had children:
Karolina (1810), Edel (1812), Mariam (1814), and Jetta. Hannla
died in 1817 followed by her widowed husband, Judla, in 1836.
GOTTGETREU immigrated to America and married Barvet "Babette (or
Barbara)" DINKELSPIEL, daughter of Aryeh, in Cleveland, Ohio in 1842. They lived briefly in
Louisville, Kentucky during around 1850 and then came back to
Cleveland. In the 1860s, they lived in San Francisco, California. By
1886, Henry was deceased and Barbara was living as a widow in
Louisville. She died in 1903.
GOTTGETREU immigrated to America and married
from Gersfeld, son of Moses and Schenla, in Cleveland in 1839. They had
six children: Sarah (1841), Moses
(1845), Isidore (1845), Julius (1847), Amelia (1849), and Joseph
(1855). She died in Cleveland in 1890.
GOTTGETREU was single and living in Unsleben in 1839.
"Marianne" GOTTGETREU never married and died in
Unsleben in 1844.
GOTTGETREU married Joseph ROSSKOPF,
Moses and Schenla, in Gersfeld in 1848 and had at least two
daughters: Hanna (1849) and Sara (1852). She died in Gersfeld in 1897.
- Nathan GOTTGETREU married Hanna APPEL and lived in Gehaus,
Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach, and had six children there: Hirsch (1809),
Adelhaid Eddel, Lea, Salomon (1819), Samuel (1821), and Bebchen (1824).
- Hirsch GOTTGETREU married Marla KAHN in 1835 in Gehaus
and had seven
children there: Marianna (1836), Pauline (1838), Nathan (1841), Abraham
(1843), Theresia (1845), Benjamin (1848), and Salomon (1851). After
Merle died in 1854, Hirsch remarried Sophie and had one daughter,
- Marianna GOTTGETREU married Isaac BLYN and died in
Queens, New York, in
- Pauline GOTTGETREU died in 1854 in Gehaus.
- Nathan GOTTGETREU died in New York after 1860.
- Abraham GOTTGETREU immigrated in 1857 and married
Clara. They had at
least seven children: Henry A. (1873), Lizzie (1874), Bertie (1876),
Clara (1879), Charles (1886), and Maud (1895).
- Henry A. GOTTGETREU married Jessie J. and had at
least two children:
Henry J. (1920) and Jessie M. (1922).
- Theresia GOTTGETREU died after 1910 in Chicago,
- Benjamin GOTTGETREU married Sara BLEIWEIS and had three
(1874), Ida (1876), and Johanna Mathilda (1879). He died in 1886 in
- Mina GOTTGETREU died in 1932.
- Ida GOTTGETREU immigrated to America in 1898 and died
- Johanna GOTTGETREU married Israel ANDORN and had at
least two children:
stillborn (1912) and Salomon Siegfried (1913).
- Salomon GOTTGETREU married Rebecca RUBENSTEIN and had
Johanna (1886), Hugo (1878), Selma (1882), Meta (1880), and Martha
(1890). He died in 1923 in Gehaus.
- Meta GOTTGETREU immigrated to America in 1897.
- Bertha GOTTGETREU died in America in 1915.
- Adelhaid GOTTGETREU had one daughter Jettchen (1841).
- Lea GOTTGETREU married Joseph SIMON in 1844 in Gehaus.
- Salomon GOTTGETREU married Babette HELLMAN in 1849 in
Gehaus and had at
least four children: Nathan (1850), William Berkel (1854), Henry
(1858), and Eva (1864).
- Nathan GOTTGETREU married Julia BUMSTEAD in 1870 in New
York and had
three children: William (1871), Sadie (1874), and Charles Gulden
- William GOTTGETREU, a wholesale grocer, married
daughter of Henry and Mary, about 1896 and had at least three children
in New York, Marguerite (1898), Helen B. (1901), and Dorothy (1917).
- Charles GOTTGETREU, a hardware merchant, remained
- William GOTTGETREU remained single and died in
Manhattan in 1927.
- Henry GOTTGETREU, a lawyer, married Caroline KAISER and
children, Blanche (1890) and Sidney K. (1894). He died in Manhattan in
- Blanche GOTTGETREU married Albert D. MAYER in
Manhattan in 1912.
- Sidney K. GOTTGETREU was later known as Henry
- Eva GOTTGETREU married Henry COHEN in Manhattan in 1890
and had at
least two children, Edith (1892) and Bertrand (1898).
- Samuel GOTTGETREU died in Gehaus in 1827.