TILLEMANN (born 1765) of Modrycz likely married Zlate
and likely had children1: Jona Hersch and Mechel
(1802). Zlate died in
1823 followed by Hoschie in 1833.
Hersch TILLEMANN2, an innkeeper, and
his wife Ronie
lived in Modrycz and had children: Berisch (1822), Itta
(1823), Zlate (1828), and Munisch (1830), and likely another, Schije.
Ronie died in Modrycz in 1847 followed by Jona Hersch in 1858.
TILLEMANN married Sosche GRUNBAUM, had a daughter, Sara (1876), born in Medenice, and died in Modrycz in 1880.
- Sara died in 1879 at three years old.
TILLEMANN married Chaim Leiser ROSENWIESEN and had children: Malka (1842) [likely], Fajga Rosa (1847), Osias
(1848), Ronie, Jona Hersch (1858), and Perl (1866).
Rosa ROSENWEISEN married Abraham Isaac GUTTMANN, son of Simcha LOEW and
Rivka nee GUTTMANN, and had children: David Saul (1875),
Breindel (1878), Chaim Lezer (1879), Osias "Oskar", and Esther Taube (1888).
TILLEMANN married Eisig ORNSTEIN
from Stynawa Nizna, son of Benzion and Malka,
and had children: Samuel Leib (1846), Isser (1854),
Schije Mojsche (1856), Malke (1862), and Reisel (1864). She died in
TILLEMANN married Feige GRUBER, daughter of Mordche and Chane Ruchel,
and had children:
Markus (1857), Ruchel (1859), Reisel (1864), Jona Hersch
(1868), and Lajzor (1875). Munisch died in Modrycz in 1891
followed by his wife in 1902.
- Markus TILLEMANN married Malka KLINGHOFFER from
of Kisel and Chule nee SEILER, in Sambor in 1877 and had children: Ronie (1879), Berisch (1881), Marjem Rifke (1886), and
Munisch (1894). He died in Drohobycz in 1901.
- Ronie TILLEMANN died as a child in 1882.
- Munisch TILLEMANN died as an infant in Drohobycz in
- Ruchel TILLEMANN married Schaje PARNES and died in
Drohobycz in 1892.
- Reisel TILLEMANN died in Drohobycz in 1881.
- Jona Hersch TILLEMANN married Lina SCHNEK, daughter of
David and Chana nee BOHRER, in Drohobycz in 1896.
- Lajzor TILLEMANN died in Drohobycz in 1889.
- Schije TILLEMANN married Scheindel GROSSMAN and had
children: Ronie, Jona Hersch (1865), and likely a daughter, Glückel.
- Ronie TILLEMANN married Dawid SPIEGEL and had children:
Eidel (1883), Chaje Gitel (1884), Elias (1886).
- Jona Hersch "Josef" TILLEMANN married Chawe Feige
daughter of Eisig and Dwora nee STEIN, in Bolechow in 1891. They moved
to Budapest, Hungary, and had children: Jenni (1892),
Janka (1896), Rozália (1898), Perl Sime (1901), and Sebastian.
- Janka "Jolie" TILLEMANN married Vilmos GÁBOR and had daughters: Magdolna (1914), Sári (1917), and Éva (1919).
- Magdolna "Magda" GÁBOR, actress and socialite, died
- Sári "Zsa Zsa" GÁBOR is an actress and socialite.
- Éva GÁBOR, actress and socialite,
died in 1995.
- Perl Sime TILLEMANN died in Bolechow in 1902.
- Sebastian TILLEMANN had at least one daughter,
TILLEMANN is the widow of former Congressman Tom LANTOS, the
Holocaust survivor to have served in the United States Congress.
- Glückel TILLEMANN married Izak FRIEDMANN and had children: Osias (1888), Abraham (1891), Moses (1893),
Scheindel (1895), Nechemje (1897), Rifka (1899), Basie Ruchel (1901),
Dawid Meier (1903), and Ester (1904).
- Mechel TILLEMANN married Cipre and had
(1827), Hersch Moses (1829), Schije (1831), Mordche (1837), Rachel (1839), Perl
(1841), and Michal (1847). Mechel died in Modrycz in 1847.
TILLEMANN married Wolf Schie HAMERMAN and had children:
Salomon (1843), Raze (1845), Abraham (1855), and Chaje (1856). She died
in Drohobycz in 1893.
- Hersch Moses TILLEMANN married Rachel WEISBART.
- Schije TILLEMANN married Dobre and had children: Gitel (1859), and died in Boryslaw in 1909.
- Gitel TILLEMANN married Hersch SCHREINER, son of Nechemja and Sosche, in Boryslaw in 1897.
TILLEMANN married Scheindel BLEIBERG in Drohobycz in 1878 and had children: Chane (1869), Cipre (1874), Machle (1875), Osias
(1878), David Berisch (1880), and Samuel (1884). He died in Drohobycz
- Cipre TILLEMANN married Eisig WERDINGER, son of Moses
and Chane, in Drohobycz in 1904.
TILLEMANN married Mates WEISS, son of Eisig and Golde, in Drohobycz in
1899 and had children: Golda (1900) and Bronislawa (1901).
- Machle TILLEMANN died in Drohobycz in 1877.
- Rachel TILLEMANN married Baruch WECHSELBERG and had a son, Schloma (1865).
- Perl TILLEMANN died in Drohobycz in 1889.
- Michal TILLEMANN died in Drohobycz in 1889.
Jakob TILLEMANN (born 1781) and Rifka Lea lived in Modrycz and had children: Moses Abe (1804), Schimon (1816),
Chana (1817), and Gerel (1821). Jacob died in Modrycz in 1844.
- Moses Abe TILLEMANN and his wife Chule/Reisel MAURER,
daughter of Josef and Gittel, and had
children: Chane (1817), Itte (1819), Josef (1826), Aron Wolf (1829),
and Ozias (1832). He died in 1884.
TILLEMANN married Israel ROSBERGER/ROSENBERG and had
children: Schia Wolf (1842) and Markus Samuel (1848). She died in
Drohobycz in 1881.
- Itte TILLEMANN married Salomon ROSENBERG and
had children: Abraham (1855) and Schya (1857). She died in
Drohobycz in 1891.
- Josef TILLEMANN died in Drohobycz in 1881.
Wolf TILLEMANN married Chana WILF and had children: Chaim
Schmul (1857), Isaac Josef (1858), and Mojżesz Abraham (1859), Gittel
Sobel (1863), and Osias (1865). He died in Drohobycz in 1889.
- Isaac Josef TILLEMANN died in Drohobycz in 1880.
Abraham TILLEMANN married Elke WALDMANN, daughter of Mojżesz
Judit nee NACHTIGAL, in Stryj in 1892 and had a son, Aron
- Ozias TILLEMANN died in Boryslaw in 1890.
- Schimon TILLEMANN died in 1816 at six months old.
- Chana TILLEMANN married Leib BIRNBAUM and died in Drohobycz
1 Hoschie Tillemann and
Zlate Tillemann appear in
the early death records of Drohobycz as both being from the small
village of Modrycz and being of the same generation. They are among the
only individuals of this generation who are shown to have a connection
to Modrycz, the only other being Jacob (about 15 years younger, a
possible sibling). Their theorized connection to the next generation
Tillemann's Jona Hersch and Mechel is based on naming patterns, in
particular, both having a daughter Zlate born soon after the elder one
died. Jona Hersch also had a son named Schie, likely around the time
that the elder died. Neither show any evidence (based on
children's names) of being connected with Jacob.
Although the death record linked here shows the name as
and not Jona Hersch, its connection to the latter can be assumed
confidently through at least the following:
The first clue is
that he is listed as living in Modrycz, a small village near the larger
town of Drohobycz, where Jona Hersch is confirmed to have lived based
on other vital records.
The second clue is that he is of the
right generation. Based on the ages of his confirmed
would probably have been born around 1800, since that would have placed
him in his early 20s around the time of his first born child (a typical
age at the time). This individual died in 1858 at the age of 55 giving
an approximate birth year of 1803.
The third and final clue is
based on naming patterns which predict a relatively narrow date range
for his death. Jona Hersch's son Munisch had a series of children
including at least two sons, Markus (likely born about 1855, according
to his marriage and death records) and Jona Hersch (born about 1868,
according to his marriage record). Since the naming priority for a male
son was predictably the father's father, it can be assumed with high
confidence, based on these births, both that the elder Jona Hersch was
still alive at the birth of Markus in 1857 and that he had died by the
time of Jona Hersch, the grandson, in 1868. The elder Jona Hersch also
had a daughter Itta, who had a son Jona Hersch born in 1858 (October
4), which implies the elder must have been deceased by then. Therefore,
the death of elder Jona Hersch is narrowed to between about 1855 and
October 1858. Taken together, the individual fits the approximate age,
place, and date of death.