There were at least three PLON families in Trembowla in the late 1800s.
Aron PLON, a cooper in Trembowla, married Sura Lea (1828) and had at least one
Rifka, and likely also: Leib, Markus, and Chaim. Aron likely died around 1892. Sura Lea died in Trembowla in 1920.
- Rifka PLON married Schachna SALZBERG, son of
Asriel and Sara, and had at
least nine children: Tauba (1876), Chaja (1878), Chana (1879), Simcha
(1881), Abram (1885), Salomo (1886), Chaim (1888), Aron (1892), and
- Leib PLON married Pesia RONIES, daughter of David and
Perla, and had at least eight
children: Samuel Nussin (1877), Sprinca (1880), Jojna (1882), Chaim
(1884), a stillborn (1886), David (1888), Perla (1890), Golda Sesel
(1892), and Aron (1893).
- Samuel Nussin PLON married Zissel Yente FRENKEL, daughter
of Joel and Mariem nee SCHEIN, in Zbaraz in 1900, and had at least one
daughter Amalie (1901) born in Zbaraz.
- Markus "Motio" PLON married Maryem POLISNIK, son of Srul
Iczek and Feige, and had at
least seven children: Chana Feiga, Ester Tauba, Wolf (1879), Jakob
Moyzesz (1882), Ruchel (1884),
a stillborn (1887), Chaim (1888), Riva (1890), and Süssel (1892)
- Chana Feiga PLON married Oser Hersz WEISBERG and had at
least five children: Judes (1890), Aron (1892), Henia (1893), Riva
Brana (1895), Reisa (1896)
- Ester Tauba PLON married Gerszon GINSBERG and had at
least two children, Breina Mindl (1899) and Marjem (1903).
- Chaim PLON married Ester BERGER, daughter of Aron and Gitla
Hudys, and had at least three
children: Sosia (1886), Moses (1890), and Aron (1893).
- Sosia PLON married Jakob SCHMIERER and had a son, Josef (1909).
Menachem Moses "Mendel" PLON married Brucha Hudes and had children:
Simon Wolf (1856), Beila, and Chawa. Brucha likely died in the 1870s,
after which Mendel likely married Gici and had children: Marjem Brucha
and Kacia Leja. From DNA testing, it was
found that this paternal line belongs to the R1b1b2a1a (U106)
- Simon Wolf PLON and his wife Rosia VOGEL, daughter of
Hersch Juda and Feige, and had at least five
children born in Trembowla: Mendel (1875), Hersch Juda (1878), Brucha
(1879), Jenta (1885), Benyamin (1887), and Ester Hynda (1890). He
immigrated to the United States and died in Manhattan, New York, in
- Simon, Hersch, and Benyamin, Brucha immigrated to the
United States in ?, 1903 ,1903, 1899
- Beila PLON married Hersch Icyk KERBHOLZ and had at least
two children: Josef Beer (1879), Leib (1881), and Rachel.
- Chawa PLON married Israel Chaim MEISELES and had at least
one son, Hersz Leib (1894) and Sara Hynda (1896).
Brucha PLON married Josef Chaim HOROWITZ and had children: Feiga
(1890), Chawa Ruchel (1891), Sosia (1895), Beila Malka (1897), Mendel
(1900), and Mojzesz Szmil (1900).
- Kacia Leja PLON married Summer BRAUNSTEIN and had children:
Mordcho Leib (1902) and Juda (1903).
PLON, a cooper in Trembowla, married Sprinca and had at least one
daughter, Lea. They may have had at least two other children: Boruch
- Lea PLON married Boruch Mordko SELZER and had at least six
children: Schmiel (1879), Chaim (1881), Leib (1883), Josef Beer (1885),
Moses (1887), and Icyk Sziya (1889).
- Leib PLON, a typographer in Wien, Austria, married Rosa
and had at least one son, Philipp. In 1942, Leib died in Minsk during
- Boruch PLON married Zusel "Hinda" KOZOWER, daughter of Wolf
and Hinda, and had at least
four children: Sprinca (1884), Schloma Zelmann (1890), Simon (1893),
and Juda Markus (1893)
- Etia PLON married Josef RUDOLF and had at least three
children: Sprinca (1882), Kalmann (1885), and Hersz (1887).
other individuals identified as possible descendants of Aron and Sura
Lea are due their each having a descendant name Aron born in 1892/1893.
This cluster of names is indicative of a common ancestor, for whom the
children were named shortly after his death.