ORNSTEIN (1802), leaseholder in Stynawa Niżna, married Malka and had children:
Mendel (1835) and Sosie (1849), and likely also: Eisig (1834) and Hersch Ber. Benzion died
in Stynawa Niżna in 1881.
- Eisig ORNSTEIN married Zlate TILLEMANN from
and Ronie, and had at least six children: Samuel Leib
Isser (1854), Schije Moische (1856), Gitel Ronie, Malke (1862), and
Reisel (1864). He likely died in Stryj in 1870.
Leib ORNSTEIN, a leather dealer, married
Ester Hinde HALPERN
from Skole, daughter of Leib and Scheindel nee ROSENBAUM, in
Skole in 1896 (religious marriage much earlier) and had children: Eisig
(1876), Feige Lea (1878), Jona
Hersch (1880), Benzion (1882), Sara (1884), Leyzor (1888), Nechemje Ber
(1890), Moses (1892), Zlate (1895), and Samuel Leib (1897).
ORNSTEIN married Fradel HOROSZOWSKA,
daughter of Moses
and Riwke nee WALDMAN, in Skole in 1903 (religious marriage earlier)
and had children:
Scheindel (1901), Samuel Leib (1902), Moses
Hersch (1904), Taube (1905), and Pinkas (1906), Meier Schulim (1908),
Etla Itta (1909), Beila (1911), Chana (1912), Sara (1913), and
Hudie (1928). After Fradel died
sometime before World War II, Eisig remarried a woman named Marcia.
Though they did not have any children together, Marcia had two children
from a previous marriage - Zigo and Isaac - who became Eisig's
stepsons. Prior to the war, Eisig had a wholesale business of flour,
grains, and beer. Sometime later, he was also a leather merchant.
Eisig, a Holocaust survivor, immigrated to the United States from
France in 1947 and stayed with his son Sidney in Cleveland. Two year
later, in 1949, Eisig died.
- Scheindel ORNSTEIN died as an infant in 1902.
- Samuel Leib ORNSTEIN immigrated to the United States
- Moses Hersch "Sidney Louis" ORNSTEIN
immigrated to the United States in
1920 and settled in Cleveland. He married Sara "Shari" BERKOWITZ from
Körösmezö, Hungary, daughter of
Samuel and Helen,
in Cleveland in 1939, and died there in 1970..
- Taube ORNSTEIN married Markus FRIEDHEIM, son of Leib
Hirsch and Rosa Cyrl nee TEPPER, and immigrated to Rio de
- Pinkas "Paul" ORNSTEIN married Reisel SCHLECHTER, daughter of Leib
Jakob and Frimcie, in Zydaczow in 1934. He immigrated to the United
States and settled in Cleveland. He remarried Erna PIRAK in 1953
died in 1980.
- Sarah ORNSTEIN married Martin MERKREBS,
son of Hillel and Heni KRAMBERG. She died in Miami, Florida, in 1990.
- Beila ORNSTEIN died in the Holocaust.
- Chana ORNSTEIN died in the Holocaust.
- Etka "Ethel" ORNSTEIN married Jacob
RAPPAPORT and settled
in Haifa, Israel.
- Hudie "Helena" ORNSTEIN immigrated to the United
States in 1948 and settled in
Cleveland. She married Sanford WIESENBERG in 1970 and died in
Westerville, Ohio, in 1996.
Lea ORNSTEIN married Baruch KLEIN from Slawsko,
Galicia, in 1904 and had children: Samuel Leib (1899), Abraham Isaak (1900), Jakob
(1902), Chaya Rivke (1903), Isser (1905), Izrael (1908), Leib (1909).
Isaak "Adolph Irving" KLEIN married Matilda DAVIS from Riga,
Latvia, daughter of Samuel and Ella nee BERMAN, in Columbus, Ohio, in
1930 and had a daughter, Charlotte Faye (1931). They later moved
to Los Angeles, where Adolph died in 1970.
- Charlotte Faye KLEIN married Alvin GREEN from Canada, son of Bert and Gertrude nee YARMOS, in Los Angeles in 1951.
ORNSTEIN married Ryfka BAUER, daughter of Josef and Taube nee LITTMAN
from Medenice, in 1905 and had children: Samuel Leib (1903)
in Drohobycz, Zlate (1908) and Benzion (1912) in Skole. He died in Skole in 1934.
"Ben" ORNSTEIN married Frieda and lived in Kalisz, Galicia. He
immigrated to the United
in 1910 and
lived in New York. In 1916, he moved to Cleveland, Ohio, where he
worked at a restaurant and then a necktie factory. In 1921, he
back to Europe, married Serafina "Susan" DIENER, daughter
of Wolf and Chaja nee SALZBERG,
in Skole, Austria, and then returned to Cleveland. They had two
children: Violet Clare
(1924) and Fae Leah (1925). Ben died in Cleveland in 1955.
- Violet Clare ORNSTEIN married Elman B. SEGAL, son of
Oscar and Sarah, in Cleveland in 1947 and died in New Orleans,
Louisiana, in 1981.
- Fae Leah ORNSTEIN married Eugene Martin HERSHMAN, son
of Samuel and Sarah nee DWORKEN, in Cleveland in 1946. After a divorce
1950, she married Edward Benedict KAUFMAN,
Joseph and Sylvia nee BENEDICT,
in Cleveland in 1951. She died
ORNSTEIN died in 1886 at one year and seven months
"Leo" ORNSTEIN, a dry goods salesman, married Cecilia
STORCH, daughter of Solomon and Witte nee SILVERBERG, and had a son
Fred (1917) born in Wien, Austria. In 1920, the family immigrated to
the United States and settled in Cleveland. Here, he had another child,
a daughter Grace Shirley (1925). Leo died in 1976.
- Fred ORNSTEIN married Geraldine S. GOLDMAN and died
in West Palm Beach, Florida, in 2002.
- Grace Shirley ORNSTEIN married Sanford SMITH in
1947 and died in Cleveland in 2003.
Ber ORNSTEIN was married and had at least four
daughters and twin sons. They all died in the Stryj ghetto during the
"Morris" ORNSTEIN immigrated to America and
arrived in Detroit, Michigan, in 1911. He moved to Cleveland and
married Ruth HALPERN
(originally CHAJES) in 1919. Morris worked as a
railroad conductor. They had three children: Frances Lillian (1920),
(1922), and Samuel Leib (1925). In 1938, after Ruth's death, Morris
married a woman
named Rae. Since at least the late 1940s, Morris had been living in St.
Petersburg, Florida, where he died in 1966.
- Frances Lillian ORNSTEIN married Frank FIERMAN, son
of Ben, in Cleveland in 1943. She died in
Alpharetta, Georgia, in 2002.
- Selma "Sally" ORNSTEIN married William GLICK, son of
Frank, and died in 2010.
- Samuel Leib ORNSTEIN died in 1994.
ORNSTEIN was married and had three children, a
son, Samuel Leib,
and two daughters, Donia and Fania. They all died in the Holocaust in
Leib ORNSTEIN, who immigrated in 1920, married
Frieda RUTHSTEIN from Swieciany, Russia,
daughter of Charles and Chana nee SHAPIRO, in Cleveland in 1926. He had
one son, Herbert Nathan (1927) and
in Cleveland in 1970.
Nathan ORNSTEIN married Alice Lillian EINSTEIN, daughter of Louis and
Eva nee DOUGLAS and a
third cousin of the famous physicist Albert EINSTEIN, in Cleveland in
1946. After a divorce, he married Mildred HIRSCH, daughter of Max and
Rose nee JANOVITZ, in Cleveland in 1950.
Herbert died in Cleveland in 1974.
- Isser ORNSTEIN married Niche Riwe EICHENBAUM and had at
children: Manie (1883), Isak Eisig (1885), Fulie (1887), Aron Leib
(1889), Zlate (1892), Reisel (1895), Malke (1897), and Jona
(1901). He died in Stynawa Nizna in 1904.
- Manie ORNSTEIN married Itzig Dawid ZULEF from Kołomyja, son of
Nussyn and Sprince nee SCHLOSSER, in Skole in 1908 and had children:
Isser (1906), Nussen (1908).
- Aron Leib ORNSTEIN died in 1891 at one year and five
- Reisel ORNSTEIN died in 1897 at two years and five
- Zlate ORNSTEIN immigrated to the United States in 1913.
- Malke ORNSTEIN immigrated to the United
States in 1920.
- Jona Hersch ORNSTEIN immigrated to the United States in
- Schije Mojsche ORNSTEIN married Chana WASSERBACH and had
at least three
children: Malke (1883), Rachel (1886), and Eisig (1890). He died in
Skole in 1894.
- Malka ORNSTEIN died in Skole in 1886 at two years and
six months old.
- Rachel ORNSTEIN married Moshe HOFFMAN and had five
Charna, Malka, Zlata, and Henja. She died in 1936.
- Eisig ORNSTEIN died in Skole in 1892 at two years old.
- Malke ORNSTEIN married Israel ROSENBERG from Orów, son of
Cipre, in Drohobycz in 1904. They had at least six children: Ester
(1881), Isaac Eisig (1882), Moiszesz Leib (1884), Udel (1888), Zlata
(1898), and Jona Hersch (1900).
- Reisel ORNSTEIN married Seinvel LIEBESMANN, son of
Scheindel nee AMES, and died in Stynawa Niżna in 1890.
- Gitel Ronie ORNSTEIN married Salomon ORNSTEIN from
Stynawa Nizna and had
children: Malke (1877), Eisig (1880), Marjem Riwke, Benzion (1886), and Berisch
- Malke ORNSTEIN married Saul Natan FELLER/ROSENBERG, son of
Getzel and Chane
Beile from Orów, and had children: Benzion (1905), Getzel Samuel (1907), Mendel (1908), Eisig (1912).
- Marjem Riwke ORNSTEIN married Samuel Pinkas EPSTEIN and had children: Cirel (1906).
- Hersch Ber ORNSTEIN and his wife Ruchel STERNBACH had at
daughters, Dwora (1856) and Sime Malke (1859).
- Dwora ORNSTEIN married Samuel BEER, son of Leiser and
Feige, in Skole
in 1896 and had at least four children: Basie Perl (1875), Ester Malke
(1879), Rifka (1890), and Hersch (1898).
- Sime Malke ORNSTEIN married Israel ALTMAN and had at
children: Jechil (1879), Golde (1881), Benzion (1884), Aron Markus
(1888), Rifka (1891), and Dwora (1897). She died in Skole in 1901.
"Manele" ORNSTEIN married Pesel Rifka
from Pohar, daughter of Elias and Hudzie,
in Skole in 1895, and had children: Malke (1859), Chaje (1864),
(1866), Meschilem Ber (1869), Ester (1872), Blima (1879), Hudzie, and
(1885). He died in Stynawa Niżna in 1903.
- Malke ORNSTEIN married Moses ALDERSHEIM from Hoszów, son of Dawid Jakob and Chaje nee ZITRINAU, in 1912 and
had at least eight children: Frimcie Sosie (1884), Hudie (1886), Jona
Leib (1889), Taube (1891), Elias
(1893), Fule (1895), Chane Gitel (1896), and Dawid Jakob (1898).
- Chaje ORNSTEIN married Chaim LAUFER, son of Mendel and
Golde, in Skole
in 1882, and had at least eight children: Sara (1883), Hudel (1884),
Mendel (1886), Jakob Wolf (1889), Nachman Moses (1891), Chule (1895),
Abraham Mortko (1897), and Elias (1900).
- Hudel ORNSTEIN married Josel GRÜNBERG from Synowódzko Wyżne, son of Leib and Hinde nee ROTHFELD, in Skole in 1906
LAUFER married Gitel LANDES, daughter of Dawid and Sime LIPSCHÜTZ, in
Skole in 1910. He immigrated to the United States in 1911.
- Nachman Moses LAUFER immigrated to the United States in
- Chule LAUFER immigrated to the United States in 1911.
- Moses ORNSTEIN married Chaje Matel HOROWITZ, daughter of
Feige, in Skole in 1901, and had at least two children: Elcie (1897), Pepi (1901), Manele (1906), Jozef (1909).
- Elcie ORNSTEIN died as an infant in 1897.
- Manele ORNSTEIN died as an infant in 1907.
- Meschilem Ber ORNSTEIN married Blüme LINK, daughter of
Abraham and Fule
nee STEG, in Skole in 1901, and had at least one daughter, Fulie
- Fulie ORNSTEIN died in 1911.
- Ester ORNSTEIN married Feiwel KOPPEL, son of Hersch Eisig
in Skole in 1897, and had at least one daughter, Chaje Lifsche (1900).
- Hudzie ORNSTEIN married Fischel HELD, son of Salomon HELD and Ryfka
Leja nee GRÜNBLUM, in Synowódzko Niżne in 1909 and had children:
Selig (1900), Samuel (1902), Manele
(1903), Lifsze (1905), Dawid Mojżesz (1907), Pesel Rifke (1908),
- Benzion ORNSTEIN died at one year and two months old in
- Blima ORNSTEIN married Samuel SCHNEEWEIS and had children in
Skole: Manele (1904), Meier Aron (1906), Benzjion (1908).
- Sosie ORNSTEIN married Naftali KÖSSLER and had at least
children: Israel Jakob (1875), Samuel (1878), Beile Gittel (1880), Lea
(1883), Feige (1885),
Benzion (1887), and Sara (1889). She died in Stynawa Niżna in 1914.
- Israel Jakob ORNSTEIN married in 1899.
- Samuel ORNSTEIN married Itte SCHNEEWEISS, son of Eisig and Malke nee WAGSCHAL, in Korczyn in 1909.
Gittel ORNSTEIN married Mozes LEIBENKOPF from Kruszelnica, son of Elias
and Menie nee HALPERN, in Skole in 1908 and had children: Mendel
(1908), Malke (1910).
- Lea ORNSTEIN married Beinisch WEITZENAUER, son of Feiwel and Perl nee KUHMERKER, in 1909.