Abraham GLEICHMAN (born 1840), a cigar maker from Hungary, married
Sarah ZIEGLER in about 1860. They had at least three children born in
Hungary, Frank Joseph (1864), Morris M. (1866), and William (1871),
before immigrating to the United States in 1872 and settling in
Cleveland, Ohio. Here they had at least three more children, including
and Jessie (1881). Sarah died in Cleveland in 1917 followed by her
husband in 1918.
- Frank Joseph GLEICHMAN married Henrietta and had at least
three children: Cedric (1890), Leonore (1895), and Rosaline (1896). He
died in Jacksonville, Florida, in 1920.
M. GLEICHMAN married Tonie R. ROTHENBERG in Cleveland in 1893 and had
at least two children: Marcus I. (1894) and Martha B. (1896).
- Philip GLEICHMAN married
Ella SIMON in 1900 and had two daughters, Phyllis Elaine (1911) and
Iris (1913). After Ella died in 1925, Phillip married her sister Ruby
RHODES nee SIMON that same year. He died in Miami Beach, Florida, in
- Phyllis Elaine GLEICHMAN married Harvey CARL in 1935.
- Iris GLEICHMAN married Milton HARR in 1945.
- Lena GLEICHMAN married Jacob LUSTIG, son Elias and Rebecca
nee SPERO, in Cleveland in 1900.
- Jessie GLEICHMAN married Victor J. MAHLER, son of Abraham
and Ester nee NUSBAUM, in Cleveland in 1906.